My Kenya Adventure

"Whatever you do to the least of these, you have done to me."

Saturday, June 03, 2006

So close!


Well...welcome to the world of blogs! It's new for me too! But i've been able to read the other intern's blogs and it seems to be the easiest way to reach people back home. This way i can hopefully load some pictures onto here as i go also (i'll have to be taught!)

Well I leave in 4 days. Hard to believe it came up that fast! I graduated, threw a senior recital/party, and now am working to get ready to leave! A crazy time, but it's good.

I found out that I have a 13 hour layover in London. I thought it would be fun to maybe leave the airport and explore London for the day...but you can imagine how my parents would feel about me doing that alone :).

Right now, i am pretty torn about how I'm feeling. I never knew i could have so many different emotions about one happening. I don't know what to call it...but it's a mixture of nervous, anxious, scared, excited. (those are just a few.) I know that I'm walking into something amazing and life-changing. I'm trying to not have too many expectations right now, because really, I have no idea what to expect. I think it will be so cool to just discover what it's all about as I go!

I ask for your prayer in a few ways. One, my adjustment! The other intern who i'll be joining wrote to me and shared that she is just now feeling adjusted and like she belongs (she's been there for a couple of weeks). I am praying for a quick adjustment, because if mine takes that long, i'll be leaving shortly after! I know that there will be big cultural differences that will take some getting used to, but if you could just pray that those barriers would be knocked down as much as possible BEFORE I get there.

Also, if you could just pray for the travel. I'm a little nervous about traveling alone (until London, where I'll meet up with a girl from California) If some of you know me well, you know that i'm not ALWAYS the most independent person :) But this will definitely stretch me! If you could just pray that I will walk with the Lord through it all. I want to just feel Him beside me and that I would make wise, safe choices in the airports. Please pray that I'll rely on Him for company, and that my fears would be replaced with confidence knowing that He is beside me.

Thank you all for joining me in these prayers. You can leave a comment on here somehow (i think you just click "anonymous" if you don't have a blog, and then just sign your name so i know it's you!) Otherwise, I'm sure that I'll still have e-mail access (about once a week). I just probably won't have time to reply to each of you. But know that I DO love to hear from you, and would love any word from home. You are all wonderful!

Rachel

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel - once you meet the California girl, it would probably be really fun to take a taxi to some cool London cafe for lunch or something. It would be a shame to miss out on the experience of driving around in London since you're already going to be there.... just my two cents. Thanks for sending us this blog option - and giving us your sincere prayer requests. I'll check it often. love you and have a life-changing time!
Janeen

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phil:6 mb

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,

We are praying for you. A verse to leave you with as you are traveling...

Ps 91:1,2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
><>Dan and Liz Heefner

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rach
i heard the good news from your sister about college. i am so fricken happy for you!!!
bean

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home